At it’s root Conduit is a delay with a warm, analog sound which is clean at tight times and tending toward something disgusting and noisy and slower times. External audio or internal oscillation can be processed by the delay.
The Delay travels into a state-variable filter with fixed resonance. A clean signal passing by the delay will still be filtered. The filter has a vactrol-based cv in to control the cutoff. So this filter receiving voltage control is very wormy in nature.
The purpose of this module is not simply as a delay or a filter – these are just components to a greater whole. With Conduit, aspects of the giant delay IC processing are accessed as a series of sound sources – harmonic oscillations based on the clocking of the delay. Therefore, delay time is the same as master pitch for these oscillations (also represented by “time cv”). There are a total of 8 harmonic oscillations and one noise source.
There are two vactrol sections which act as VCA’s.
Because there are three independant signal paths, and because they’re all jumpable, they can be mixed in any number of ways to create a greater complexity to the sound.
- included touch plate
- knobs: filter (w/cv in), mix, more, time 1, time 2, feedback
- mono delay input, mono delay output
- cv out (envelope follower based on signal at delay in).
- patchbay: 9×4 harmonic osc, 5×2 vactrol in for 1 and 2, 5×2 delay in, 2×1 vactrol out for 1 and 2, 2×1 filter cv in, 2×1 delay out
- vactrol 1 jacks: cv in, in, out
- vactrol 2 jacks: cv in, in, out
- 23 mA +12V
- 0 mA -12V
- 0 mA 5V
- 25 mm Depth